Faculty and Staff
Mark A. Zohns
Dr. Zohns is a Cal Poly alumnus, a California-registered Mechanical Engineer, and a registered Fluid Power Engineer. He teaches courses in Careers, Introduction to Mechanical Systems, Power Transmission, Fluid Power, Equipment Engineering, and CAD. Current research activities include the development of a Gladiola Harvesting Aid, sponsored by Glad-A-Way Nurseries. He has advised a number of design class projects, ranging from an apple cider press to a beach kelp pickup machine.
Dr. Zohns retired in 2016 after 30 years of teaching in the BRAE department. He is still involved in Tractor Pull activities and will be teaching Spring 2017-2019.
- Computer Aided Design / Drafting
- Fluid Power Systems
- Power Transmission Systems
- Machine/Mechanical Systems Design
- BRAE 128 – Careers in BioResource and Agricultural Engineering
- BRAE 152 – 3-D Solids Modeling (Solidworks)
- BRAE 234 – Introduction to Mechanical Systems in Agriculture
- BRAE 301 – Hydraulic and Mechanical Power Systems
- BRAE 421/422 – Equipment Engineering