GrowCrew is a student group within the BRAE department that if focused on sustainable agriculture practices, such as hydroponics, aquaponics, and aeroponics, and bioresource-related projects.
- We are housed within the Bioresource and Agricultural Engineering (BRAE) department and have a large lab space dedicated to our club in Lab 4 of the Ag Engineering Shop on campus (Building 8A).
- In the past, we have worked with the company OnePointOne to test how different irrigation schedules affect the growth of arugula in aeroponic systems.
- We have partnered with Garden Club and the Real Food Collaborative to showcase how important it is to have sustainably and locally grown food.
Current Project: BRAE Berry project
For the Spring 2021 Quarter GrowCrew is assisting with the construction of a shipping container controller environment that will be used to conduct studies on drip irrigated strawberries and their associated pests.
As a Cal Poly student you may join our canvas page by clicking on the following link.
Contact Person: Miriam Sullivan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dr. Sara Kuwahara, <email@example.com>
- Dr. Greg Schwartz, <firstname.lastname@example.org>