Faculty and Staff
Mohammad Sadek, Ph.D.
Dr. Sadek is an Assistant Professor in the BioResource and Agricultural Engineering (BRAE) Department. Prior to start at BRAE, he worked as a product development engineer at Buhler Industries Inc. in Canada. Dr. Sadek received his PhD in Biosystems Engineering from University of Manitoba, Canada. Previously, he received his master’s degree in Agricultural Systems and Engineering from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand and bachelor degree in Agricultural Engineering from Bangladesh.
Dr. Sadek’s research interest is Discrete Element Modelling (DEM) in Agricultural machinery systems and biomaterial processing with a major focus towards advanced machinery design, automation, precision agriculture technology and food safety for agricultural production and post-harvest handling. Dr. Sadek has contributed in designing large scale agricultural machineries, product/tool innovation, process development and automation.
- Agricultural Machinery and Automation
- Machine Biomaterial Interaction
- Discrete Element Modelling (DEM)
- Soil Dynamics
- BRAE 129: Laboratory Skills and Safety.
- BRAE 302: Servo Hydraulics.
- BRAE 342: Agricultural Materials.
- BRAE 403: Agricultural Systems Engineering.